March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

There was a whole feast that I was going to prepare tonight in honor of the holiday, but I was too tired after work today. The leg of lamb will just have to wait in the fridge until my day off tomorrow. I haven't decided what to do with it yet anyways. Stay tuned...

Rob and I did have to eat though, so I put together a few Easter appetizers for a snack dinner: Deviled Eggs, Shrimp Cocktail, and Roasted Asparagus. These three simple and nostalgic dishes ended my day on a pleasant note.

Here's a picture and my recipe for the deviled eggs. The yolk filling wasn't as smooth as I was expecting it to turnout. It certainly couldn't be piped back into the egg white like several recipes I read suggested. However, I really enjoyed the chunky texture in my spooned version. So much in fact I had to eat one before I took the picture. Opps

Deviled Eggs



  • 4 Hard boiled eggs, split in half & yolks removed.
Yolk Filling
  • 4 Hard boiled yolks
  • 1 Tbs onion, finely chopped
  • 1 Tsp of dill relish
  • A few pinches of sea salt
  • A few cracks of black pepper
  • A dash or two of cayenne pepper
  • A dash of garlic powder
  • A dash of paprika
  • 1/2 Tsp sriracha
  • 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1-2 Tbs light mayo (With all the spices, no one will know the difference.)
  • A squeeze of lemon juice
-Mix all the ingredients for the yolk filling until well combined.
-Spoon mixture back into the 8 egg whites.
-Garnish with a pinch of paprika and cayenne.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We at times love to have appetizers for dinner, glad to see we are not alone!
Cheryl
http://cookingdunkinstyle.blogspot.com/